Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The discovery of Focaccia in Genoa

Oh Genoa, I do not have enough good things to say about this town. It will forever hold a place in my heart for bringing me the gift of Focaccia.

Snack time



Genoa was recommend to us by a friend, the selling point was Genoa is where they invented Pesto, so it's better there than anywhere else, sold! 

Some wine in the local coop
The harbor at night
And a little more wine at the hostel
Exactly as promised, delicious
YoHo YoHo a pirates life for me

Why yes, this is a Nutella espresso, and yes, it is the most amazing thing EVER
Just take a moment to bask in it's glory
Now at this point I know what you're thinking. "Did they do anything aside from drink and eat?" The answer is no, however, we did find time to go into the Museo di Palazzo Reale. 


Ahhh

Anyone who tries to copy Versailles has clearly never been to Versailles
My preferred method of transport

Throne Room
Quill set
This is me as a baby


Ladies on the red carpet
And having had our fill of culture, we went out to dinner. 

A little white wine
Seafood ravioli
And it's not a dinner in Italy without Lemoncello
Sometimes the best way to be a tourist is to act like a local. While in Genoa we took a day trip down to Portofino, I'll tell you about it tomorrow.
 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment